Dec 31, 2015

Mob Paint #47

This super-sized showcase is the final one for 2015 and the final for Art of Mob, but more on that later. It is so interesting to see just how far we have come with mobile photography and painterly mobile art. I want to thank all who participated this year. 

As for the future of Art of Mob...I tried to continue on a limited basis this year but soon found myself blogging at nearly the pace I had in previous years. So, I'll be discontinuing posting new articles but will leave Art of Mob online as a resource for those interested in mobile photography.


Wishing each and every one of you a happy, healthy and safe 2016.



Sandra Becker - Wood Nymph, Enticed

Camera+, Slow Shutter Cam; processed using Facetune, Procreate, iColorama, Superimpose, Flowpaper, & Grunge HD.
 
This piece was inspired by my study of the painting 'Primavera' by Sandro Botticelli which can be seen as an elaborate mythological allegory of the burgeoning fertility of the world as shown in the spring wood nymph he painted. My idea was to show this allegory as a fall scene of a modern Wood Nymph who ruled over those who now sought her for protection over the upcoming winter worlds hazardous ways. Among those was Bird whose species was soon to die out unless Wood Nymph gave the few who remained her magical attention. Thus Bird is shown enticing Wood Nymph for her protections. With this story in mind I chose from a variety of mobile photos I had taken while also thinking of apps and processes to use. I put the chosen photos in a separate album in my photo app and started working from that album to pull the photos as I saw fit. I used superimpose to extract some of the elements from their background to create PNG files that I could add from. The wood nymphs face was put through Facetune & reworked with another facial profile. I worked back and forth in procreate and iColorama adding elements & effects as needed. Grunge HD was used to show a tear in the upper portion which was then overlapped onto the lower image and the whole reworked for linear aesthetic pause. I used Flowpaper to create the blueish flowing forms coming from the birds feet to entice, encircle, the wood nymph and mirror the linear tear for emphasis. Many filters were used in combining images to get the best effects and a lot of masking in iColorama. Experimenting with my images in various apps is what fascinates me the most as so many different effects can be had and aesthetic choices made as the process grows.



Em Kachouro - Time
iPhone, iColorama


Cathrine Halsør - I Can & I Will


David Hayes - Crated


Diana Nicholette Jeon - The Houswife I
Mobile photo shot in native camera app with lens made from Holga jerry-rigged to iPhone 6S Plus with additional Mobile Painting, Drawing and Collage mostly done using Procreate.


Beezzz_
iPhone 5, Sparkmode, Facetune, Decim8, Snapseed, Glaze, Tintype, Blender, Stackables


before.1st.light - Bird Woman


Louise Whiting
Procreate, iColorama, Glaze


Erika Brothers


Liliana Schwitter - portrait
iColorama


Ile Mont - Alter Ego (Be Still)


Meri Aaron Walker - Reducing Self-Included Woes


Patricia Leeds - Abstract Numbers, Abstract Time


Geri Centonze
PhotoViva, Repix, Snapseed, Glitche, Brushstroke, Sketch Club, Formulas, Colorburn


Andrea Koerner - Lady in Waiting


Gianluca Ricoveri


Tomaso Belloni - Not more, not less


Carolyn Hall Young - Juggling the Present of a Past, and a Now


This is an iPad Pro painting, made with iColorama and Preocreate. The source was a series of photographs I took with my iPad Pro.
It was created for I.D.E.A., a children's museum in Mesa, Arizona. It will be exhibited with a group of digital works, for an extended period of time, there, starting in January of 2016.
This is a view of a few pairs of my older cowboy boots. They sit on top of an 1850's amoire, at the foot of our bed, in an old Adobe, north of Santa Fe, New Mexico. They stand ready for my next adventure. To the right, are a the sides of couple of suitcases, which had traveled the world with dear friends, Bob and Carol Cudd, before being handed off to me, at their daughter's yard sale. In the background is a mono-print, originally made in 1989, after I was told I had a slim chance of six months, but no chance of five years, to live. It was made with natural media on my etching press. It is not really possible to see, in this digital painting, but I was in my mid thirties, designing on a Mac ll, juggling work, art, family, and the confusion of dealing with mortality. All these thing remind me that paying attention to what is possible, and positive, is what nourishes a good life.
Every picture tells a story. This one tells part of mine. It is possibly more of a self-portrait than any of the ones that look like me.



Rob Luskey - Lifeguard No. 18


Suzy Norris - A Precious Moment
An iPad painting done with my fingers and a special painting app for the iPad - Procreate
 
Brett Chenoweth - Bohemian Rhapsody

Tim Creamer


Susan Rennie - The Lightness of Being


Michael Trombley - Fading


Mariko Klug - Autumn Melancholy


Chris Harland - The Inner Cove, Castlerigg Stone Circle, Nr. Keswick, Cumbria

Vadim Demjianov - Frost on the river (Borovski)


Vivi - All the leaves have gone
VividHDR, Stackables, Distressed FX
 
Cat Morris - Herb was a stickler for quality control
Leonardo, iColorama, Mextures, Snapseed


Michelle Robinson - You. Cannot. Hurt. Me. Ever. Again.
Procamera, Snapseed, BlurFX, PS Touch, PhotoFX Ultra, Union App + Pixite Source, Stackables, 100 Cameras in One


Mike Bowers - Prima (Explored)
Snapseed, Paint Can, Tangent, Fragment


Mimi Svanberg - The Elusive Star


Candice (CLAY3) Railton - A murder of crows


jun yamaguchi - sea 1
iPod Touch Camera / Brushes, ScratchCam FX, VSCO, Filterstorm, Phototoaster


Nicki Fitz-Gerald - Exit
All elements shot with an iPhone 6. Edited on iPad with Procreate and Leonardo


Solly Avenue - Fading light on Hobcaw Marsh
Painted from a photograph using the iPad app called Painterly


karmo o - A Rainy Day


Leon - Renaissance
Assembly, Rollworld, Snapseed, Glitche, Delta


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.